Amanda-Users

Re: question

2003-02-04 17:06:23
Subject: Re: question
From: Gene Heskett <gene_heskett AT iolinc DOT net>
To: David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:28:39 -0500
On Tuesday 04 February 2003 15:00, David.Lee AT arvatousa DOT com wrote:
>I put the entry "/usr/local/lib/delete_now" in
>/usr/local/lib/amanda/exclude.gtar.
>I assumed 'amdump' should skip "/usr/local/lib/delete_now".
>Why this directory still be backuped?
>
>Thanks!
>
>David

Because the format of an exclude file is in relative terms?

The entry in the exclude file should have read:
./delete_now

IIRC this should keep any directory or file so named from being
backed up from a disklist dumptype entry that specifies that
particular exclude file, and do so regardless of where in that
directory tree this named file or dir might be located.
Thats how I understand it, the real experts are free to correct me.
:-)

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M