ADSM-L

Re: Usefullnes of ADSM requirements page??

1996-12-06 13:33:32
Subject: Re: Usefullnes of ADSM requirements page??
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 13:33:32 EST
On Fri, 6 Dec 1996 08:51:10 PST Dave Crockett said:
>This post is disappointing in light of the many overtime hours that ADSM
>developers do devote to this list and all the function that we have
>worked to deliver even between releases and versions.  I sure hope that
>our participation on this list is a little bit more obvious to others.
>
>Dave Crockett
>ADSM development

Dave, et al,
Please do not be dis-heartened!  I'm sure there are many of us who very
much appreciate the fact that you and other IBMers take the time to read
this list and respond to so many questions.  When I first joined this list
so many years ago, I was very pleasantly surprised to see that IBM ADSM
developers and support staff actively participated in the list.  In this
and so many other ways, I think the IBM ADSM organization has been very
proactive in providing new and better ways to support their products.
Providing software fixes via your FTP server was another good step, that
is now taken for granted.  When you first did this, it was another very
good innovative thing.  Your Web pages are another example of good service,
which I'm sure is also now taken for granted by many.  I stumbled across
the FAQ list on the web page the other day, and was pleasantly surprised
to see it there.

I think some of the frustration expressed on this list is due in part to
the fact that ADSM is a complex product which has become very successful.
The traffic on this list has certainly increased lately, and I think that
is a reflection of the success of the product.

It would of course be great if you could add all of our enhancement requests
to the product in the next month.  ;-)  There couldn't be more than 8 or 9
of them....   ;-)

Keep up the great work!
..Paul