ADSM-L

Re: Usefullnes of ADSM requirements page??

1996-12-06 13:04:11
Subject: Re: Usefullnes of ADSM requirements page??
From: Bob Booth - CSO <booth AT CHIANTI.CSO.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 12:04:11 -0600
> Francisco Reyes wrote:
> > Every time I see people making suggestions I don't know if the ADSM
> > team is reading.
> > What is your opinion?
> >
> > If IBM doesn't listen we could always send the data to their
> > competitors. Who knows if there was another distributed backup system
>
> Dave Crockett wrote:
>
> This post is disappointing in light of the many overtime hours that ADSM
> developers do devote to this list and all the function that we have
> worked to deliver even between releases and versions.  I sure hope that
> our participation on this list is a little bit more obvious to others.

I agree.  I have seen many posts from the ADSM developers on this list, and
I appreciate them.  They may not always have the answers that we want, but
I know that they are listening.  I have also received many personal responses
to my questions/problems from them.

I also know first hand that ADSM requirements are taken, and in many cases
accepted.  Let us please not burn our bridges before we get to them.  ADSM is
a good product, and with our help can get much better.

Bob Booth
Sr. Research Programmer
University of Illinois - Urbana

AIX Project Manager