nv-l

Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 and Netview v2.3 OS390

2002-04-16 06:18:56
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview 7.1 and Netview v2.3 OS390
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry AT skills-1st.co DOT uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 11:18:56 +0100
Peter,
This used to be possible with Service Point and IBM Communications Services
(though some of the names may have changed by now - not used this stuff for a
goodly number of years).  The comms mechanism was, I believe, LU6.2, not
TCP/IP.  The distributed NetView daemons tralertd and spappld need activating to
control this communication.

Another possibility, if you have an SNMP TRAP collector on your OS/390, is
simply to forward traps from your distributed NetView to your /390 world (from
the NetView trap customisation panel).

Cheers,
Jane