Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 58 Error

2007-03-01 06:16:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 58 Error
From: bobbyrjw at comcast.net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 06:16:46 -0500
Okay guys, lets not go changing to FQDN and say it makes NetBackup happy.
NetBackup is happy with non-FQDN's, very happy.  It is the admins that are
happy with FQDN's.

Fix DNS, have system admins do it correctly.  Don't change the backup
environment because some system admins can't understand DNS.

I have an environment with a Class B network with over 40 subnets (of course
I maintain it from a Sun workstation, so I must have an unfair advantage ;}.
I can DR any site at any other site.  Short names are the best way to go in
a complex environment.  Just make the admins use DNS correctly.

Daniel, use the command "bpclntcmd" on the client.  Several switches.  That
is the command to get admins (if you don't have access to the clients) to
run to help trouble shoot.

Bobby Williams
2205 Peterson Drive
Chattanooga, Tennessee  37421