Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 58 Error

2007-03-01 07:23:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 58 Error
From: jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com (Justin Piszcz)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 07:23:36 -0500 (EST)
In general I agree.

However, it is best to only use FQDN for the majority of the time.  The
problem is for (UNIX anyway) you can only have 6 domains in
/etc/resolv.conf, after that, short-names won't work anymore if you _rely_
on DNS for the naming resolution.

If you are in an enclosed environment with separate VLANs for each backup
host, etc, then short names are probably OK.

It really depends on the environment.

Justin.