Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 58 Error

2007-03-03 14:36:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 58 Error
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:36:05 -0600
* Jimenez, Daniel <Daniel.Jimenez at indymacbank.com> [2007-02-28 19:59]:
> Hello everyone
>
> I have a question regarding an error I am receiving on a server running
> netbackup 5.1 on a windows NetBackup environment . I'm attempting to
> troubleshoot an issue with a server that keeps failing backups with a 58
> error. I was able to telnet to port 13724 from the client and was able
> to telnet to port 13782 from the media server. When I open up the host
> properties for the server on the master server it opens up fine. I also
> created the bpcd log directory on the client and a log file was created
> but not sure what to look for in the log file that will tell me if there
> is a problem. I am new to this in depth troubleshooting so any help
> would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Is the media server a system different from the master server? Make sure
all systems are resolving DNS-type data correctly both forward ad
reverse.

You mentioned that you tested telnetting to port 13724 from the client
to the media server, but did you verify that your client is configured
to use vnetd?

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com