Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Configuring NAS !

2003-03-07 19:20:22
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Configuring NAS !
From: bill.wiessner AT veritas DOT com (Bill Wiessner)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:20:22 -0500
Whoa, not sure what you mean Mark.

!) Did you install NBU MP3?  This had fixes specific to remote-NDMP.  It
increases the memory buffer size and usage on the media server and increases
performance a lot.

2) Backing up a NAS box by following the NFS mount will not preserve the
ACLs.

Why dedicate a tape drive to a single NAS box when it can be used for many?

Bill Wiessner
Sr. Staff Systems Engineer
VERITAS Software Corporation

Office:  410-877-7689