Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Networker with Avamar

2013-01-29 13:15:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Networker with Avamar
From: Tony Garza <TGarza AT FROSTBANK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:14:58 -0600
What do you consider the weakness of the DD device?

From:   "Stanley R. Horwitz" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To:     NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date:   01/29/2013 11:53 AM
Sent by:        EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>

In my little corner of the world, we have both NetWorker, Data Domain, and
Avamar.

We use Data Domain with NetWorker and Boost and a small tape library. We
use Avamar standalone.

Both DD and Avamar work well for us. Each has their strengths and
weaknesses.

On Jan 29, 2013, at 12:34 PM, jango <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
 wrote:

> I agree with you Justin. I personally like NW integrated with Data Domain
(o'coz with DD boost). We have a similar configuration and I like the fact
that DD run hassle free and has been very stable over the years.