Networker

[Networker] EMC Networker with Avamar

2013-01-29 09:07:05
Subject: [Networker] EMC Networker with Avamar
From: jango <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 06:06:48 -0800
@ Bingo the point that I was trying to make is for eg; if we have 1000 clients
backing up to 10 Avamar grids (Say 100 clients send data to 1 Avamar grid each)
in case of native AV backup if one of the Avamar grid fails at the most we
loose 100 clients backup but on the other hand if we have all 10 AV grids
integrated with a NW and if the NW server crashes we fails all 1000 clients
backup. At this point the NW server becomes the single point of failure.

We have had couple of instance where we encounter such issues :-)