Networker

[Networker] 7.4.5 nsrck hangs

2009-09-08 05:39:23
Subject: [Networker] 7.4.5 nsrck hangs
From: tkimball <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 05:34:19 -0400
This is basically what I'm doing, in particular with database servers that are
offlined (mostly due to data consolidation).  We have to keep that data
available for reports and other queries anyway.

I don't consider it conservative; Rather, its required (due to regulatory
restrictions - SAS/SOX/SEC and other alphabet soups I'm probably forgetting).

I *have* made exceptions for clients that no one cares about anymore, and its
also cleared higher up.

Regarding those deleted clients - will the indexes on them go away eventually
(like normal clients) or do they just sit there?  If the latter, I may consider
re-adding them just for a week or two, to get them flushed out.

--TSK
Tim Kimball
sungak.net