Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.4.5 nsrck hangs

2009-09-09 09:13:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.4.5 nsrck hangs
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 09:07:04 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
09/04/2009 05:18:30 PM:

> When I try to create a non-existant client I get:
>
> Name <hostname> should be a valid hostname
>

> So did you have to add all those "dead clients" back into your
> nameserver and/or host file? Did you have to assign new/dummy IP's?

I'm not at 7.4.5 yet, but I've had to re-create non-existant clients,
using a dummy IP address in a hosts file (10.254.254.x, in my case),
because I had to do restores from old tapes when those clients existed.
Also when I had to re-build my NW server from scratch and did it wrong
(i.e., manually re-created all clients, so the client IDs didn't match
what was on the tapes. So I have dummy IP addresses for the "~" versions
of the client names, that NetWorker uses when it can't match up client
IDs).