Networker

Re: [Networker] How to do a directed recover from an entire tape volume to somewhere else SOLVED

2008-03-28 14:45:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to do a directed recover from an entire tape volume to somewhere else SOLVED
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:41:53 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
03/27/2008 02:32:11 PM:

> > Hello,
> >
> > if you want to restore all these ssid in one command to another
> > location of ONE
> > client, you can try it by this command :
>
> Exactly what I want to do, yes.
>
> > recover -d /newlocation -S 1005228109 -S 988451398 ... -S 602578659
> >
> > Maybe you will have to populate 'remote access' with your
> > destination client for
> > each source client.
> >
> > But if you plan to restore theses ssid to their respective clients,
you
> must
> > launch one recover by client, i.e : 5
> >
> > Hope this helps if I've understood :-)
>
> You have, indeed. Thanks! I'll try that.

Here's what I did (on Win2003) - exported the list of ssids to a file, and
parsed the contents in a shell loop, feeding 1 ssid at a time to the
recover program, and told it to put the recovered files into the W: drive:

mminfo -avot -q volume=891995 -r ssid >SpecialTape-SSIDs.txt
FOR /F %%a IN (SpecialTape-SSIDs.txt) DO recover -a -v -s admnbck001 -d
W:\ -S %%a
)

And it all Just Worked (if a tad slowly).

Thanks!