Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Newbie

2006-03-23 10:32:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Newbie
From: Davina Treiber <DavinaTreiber AT PEEVRO.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:31:30 +0000
rrevuru AT gmail DOT com wrote:
Gents: Thanks for your response.
Here is the more information: I have 8-Tape AutoLoader, and all my tapes are 100%, i have no room on the tapes, now i want to "OverWrite" or re-use them. When i click on the volumes tab on the networker, i see all of them are 100%, and have the expiration date as 03/31/2006. I even tried changing the "mode=recyclable" and still doesnt help.

If the volume is recyclable and the volume is in the library and NetWorker knows about it (i.e. it is inventoried) then NetWorker can re-use it. When NetWorker generates a mount request that is the time it may re-use a recyclable tape. Note that if the mount request is for a different pool to the pool the tape is in then you need to have the appropriate recycle to/from settings on the pools in question. Note that it doesn't recycle tapes as soon as they are recyclable, only when it needs to write data. Does that help at all?

"signoff networker" in the