Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up automounted FS

2016-03-31 11:17:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up automounted FS
From: Marcel De Boer <marcel.de_boer AT nokia DOT com>
To: EXT Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown AT byu DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 17:12:49 +0200
Hi!

If it's possible with the NFS server and the exported directory structure,
you could also statically mount the entire directory containing
all home directories and backup that.

I.e. if the automounter mounts /userhomedirs/userX from the server under
/home/userX, you could also do a secondary mount of /userhomedirs to your
backup machine (let's say under /mnt/alluserhomedirs) and back up that
one. That way you don't have to worry about which users exist.

We use a similar setup because for new users we have to create the
homedir on the NFS server before the user account itself exists (the
automounter cannot create the NFS export client-side.)

Gtnx
        Marcel

--
Marcel de Boer
Test engineer, Service Routing R&D, IP/Optical Networks