Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] backing up automounted FS

2016-03-31 10:36:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] backing up automounted FS
From: Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown AT byu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2016 08:34:06 -0600

On 03/31/2016 06:40 AM, Josh Fisher wrote:

> I don't know if that will work, with or without onefs=no. It is not so
> much NFS as it is autofs. I suggest onefs=yes and specifying each and
> every mountpoint in the job's FileSet, rather than just the automount
> root directory. Autofs purposefully does not always honor stat() and
> such in order to prevent mass mounting.

I would love to do that.  But the problem is that the list of mounts
changes.  We're talking about 1 mount per user, and we have 300-500
users at any given time, with 5-10 new users per week, and about as many
expiring per week.  So I certainly cannot statically specify the
mountpoints in the bacula-dir.conf, without changing it constantly.

I could use the pre-run script to mount them, based on an external user
list, and then unmount them in a post-run script.  This is an option I'm
considering right now, but I'm not certain yet.

If there's community interest, once I figure it out completely, I can
probably post example configs and scripts.

--
Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator