Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client

2016-03-09 21:40:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client
From: Randy Katz <rkatz AT simplicityhosting DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 18:37:59 -0800
Hi, you keep saying you "forwarded" the ports. I don't think that that
is the correct way to
use the firewall rules, unless you are trying to create a new
terminology or are confused. The
ports, per the firewall doc, need to be open. In my setup I use iptables
rules to open the specific
ports for the specific directors and their ports and/or clients for
their ports. Looks something
like this on the client side:

ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             directorname.mydomain.ext   tcp
dpt:bacula-sd
ACCEPT     tcp  --  directorname.mydomain.ext    anywhere            tcp
dpt:bacula-fd

And like this on the director side:

ACCEPT     tcp  --  clientname.mydomain.ext  anywhere            tcp
dpt:bacula-sd

So there are no FORWARDING statements in that configuration, I would
consider this, test
the telnet statements that folk have posted, that should point in the
right direction.