Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client

2016-03-02 01:59:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client
From: Florian Splett <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 07:52:56 +0100
Hello.

Some question to maybe pinpoint the issue as the config seems fine (to
me at least):
Is the director installed on a machine seperate to the clients?
Are the file daemon services definitely running?
Are the ports bacula uses open (9101, 9102)?
Are you able to ping the remote clients with the bacula user? (from the
machine the director is located on)
If yes: can your clients ping the the director machine, too? (I remember
having struggled a bit with permissions at the beginning)

I am no expert, but I hope these questions help you get an idea where
the problem may be.

Regards,

Florian S.