Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client

2016-03-01 20:07:05
Subject: [Bacula-users] Director will not connect to a remote client
From: maaf4d <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2016 13:23:36 -0800
Hi,
I would like some help with thi issue where the director cannot connect to
either one of my file daemons. I installed the client version of bacula on a
linux computer and a windows computer and configured them along with the
director so they would communicate and run a backup job. Although when i go
into the console and check the status of my clients, the connection is never
successful. It ends up telling me that the connection timed out. Could anyone
tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is my configurations:
Server:
Director File:

Director { # define myself
Name = backup-master-001.novalocal-dir
DIRport = 9101 # where we listen for UA connections
QueryFile = "/etc/bacula/scripts/query.sql"
WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
PidDirectory = "/var/run/bacula"
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
Password = "f6nJvHpItEmcJ4m7J-WYSJzxdK9S2BGo6" # Console password
Messages = Daemon
DirAddress = 127.0.0.1
}
JobDefs {
Name = "DefaultJob"
Type = Backup
Level = Incremental
Client = backup-master-001.novalocal-fd
FileSet = "Full Set"
Schedule = "WeeklyCycle"
Storage = File
Messages = Standard
Pool = File
Priority = 10
Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%c.bsr"
}
Job {
Name = "LocalBackup"
JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
}
Job {
Name = "RemoteBackup"
JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
client = test-fd
Pool = RemoteFile
}
Job {
Name = "RemoteBackup2"
JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
client = marty-pc-fd
Pool = RemoteFile
}
Job {
Name = "BackupCatalog"
JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
Level = Full
FileSet="Catalog"
Schedule = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
RunBeforeJob = "/etc/bacula/scripts/make_catalog_backup.pl MyCatalog"
RunAfterJob = "/etc/bacula/scripts/delete_catalog_backup"
Write Bootstrap = "/var/lib/bacula/%n.bsr"
Priority = 11 # run after main backup
}
Job {
Name = "RestoreFiles"
Type = Restore
Client=backup-master-001.novalocal-fd
FileSet="Full Set"
Storage = File
Pool = Default
Messages = Standard
Where = /nonexistant/path/to/file/archive/dir/bacula-restores
}
Job {
Name = "RestoreRemote"
Type = Restore
Client=test-fd
FileSet="Full Set"
Storage = File
Pool = Default
Messages = Standard
Where = /bacula/restore
}
Job {
Name = "RestoreRemote2"
Type = Restore
Client=marty-pc-fd
FileSet="Full Set"
Storage = File
Pool = Default
Messages = Standard
Where = /bacula/restore
}
FileSet {
Name = "Full Set"
Include {
Options {
signature = MD5
}
File = /usr/sbin
}
Exclude {
File = /var/lib/bacula
File = /nonexistant/path/to/file/archive/dir
File = /proc
File = /tmp
File = /.journal
File = /.fsck
}
}
Schedule {
Name = "WeeklyCycle"
Run = Full 1st sun at 23:05
Run = Differential 2nd-5th sun at 23:05
Run = Incremental mon-sat at 23:05
}
Schedule {
Name = "WeeklyCycleAfterBackup"
Run = Full sun-sat at 23:10
}
FileSet {
Name = "Catalog"
Include {
Options {
signature = MD5
}
File = "/var/lib/bacula/bacula.sql"
}
}
Client {
Name = backup-master-001.novalocal-fd
Address = 128.104.223.158
FDPort = 9102
Catalog = MyCatalog
Password = "ulDaTfeEvHjt3JcHTR--kMe1XXYupHUWc" # password for FileDaemon
File Retention = 30 days # 30 days
Job Retention = 6 months # six months
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}
Client {
Name = test-fd
Address = 128.104.223.157
FDPort = 9102
Catalog = MyCatalog
Password = "7m1XU9Fp9uJcd76hCpoTIHLPoX3nK8veS" # password for FileDaemon
File Retention = 30 days # 30 days
Job Retention = 6 months # six months
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}
Client {
Name = marty-pc-fd
Address = 64.251.150.227
FDPort = 9102
Catalog = MyCatalog
Password = "xPPgbRxuRNTDy7hHIrYGVZ2MaCv8NkwhX2bgyvR3Kjca" # password for
FileDaemon
File Retention = 30 days # 30 days
Job Retention = 6 months # six months
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}
Storage {
Name = File
Address = 128.104.223.158 # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
SDPort = 9103
Password = "eMD7aNwcC9F_N8kwwp0tOAVL7oCXRuH9i"
Device = FileStorage
Media Type = File
}
Catalog {
Name = MyCatalog
dbname = "bacula"; DB Address = ""; dbuser = "bacula"; dbpassword =
"4KQniFNxHkQn"
}
Messages {
Name = Standard
mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"(Bacula) \<%r>\" -s \"Bacula:
%t %e of %c %l\" %r"
operatorcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"(Bacula) \<%r>\" -s
\"Bacula: Intervention needed for %j\" %r"
mail = root = all, !skipped
operator = root = mount
console = all, !skipped, !saved
append = "/var/log/bacula/bacula.log" = all, !skipped
catalog = all
}
Messages {
Name = Daemon
mailcommand = "/usr/sbin/bsmtp -h localhost -f \"(Bacula) \<%r>\" -s \"Bacula
daemon message\" %r"
mail = root = all, !skipped
console = all, !skipped, !saved
append = "/var/log/bacula/bacula.log" = all, !skipped
}
Pool {
Name = Default
Pool Type = Backup
Recycle = yes # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
Volume Retention = 365 days # one year
}
Pool {
Name = File
Pool Type = Backup
Label Format = Local-
Recycle = yes # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
Volume Retention = 365 days # one year
Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G # Limit Volume size to something reasonable
Maximum Volumes = 100 # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
}
Pool {
Name = RemoteFile
Pool Type = Backup
Label Format = Remote-
Recycle = yes # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
AutoPrune = yes # Prune expired volumes
Volume Retention = 365 days # one year
Maximum Volume Bytes = 50G # Limit Volume size to something reasonable
Maximum Volumes = 100 # Limit number of Volumes in Pool
}
Pool {
Name = Scratch
Pool Type = Backup
}
Pool {
Name = Scratch
Pool Type = Backup
}
Storage Daemon:

Storage { # definition of myself
Name = backup-master-001.novalocal-sd
SDPort = 9103 # Director's port
WorkingDirectory = "/var/lib/bacula"
Pid Directory = "/var/run/bacula"
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
SDAddress = 128.104.223.158
}
Director {
Name = backup-master-001.novalocal-dir
Password = "eMD7aNwcC9F_N8kwwp0tOAVL7oCXRuH9i"
}
Director {
Name = backup-master-001.novalocal-mon
Password = "lfugzKeR-saNz1jkzHAqm0ZK80e_u-Qhu"
Monitor = yes
}
Device {
Name = FileStorage
Media Type = File
Archive Device = /nonexistant/path/to/file/archive/dir
LabelMedia = yes; # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
Random Access = Yes;
AutomaticMount = yes; # when device opened, read it
RemovableMedia = no;
AlwaysOpen = no;
}
Messages {
Name = Standard
director = backup-master-001.novalocal-dir = all
}
Linux Client:
Fd.conf:
Director {
Name = backup-master-001.novalocal-dir
Password = "7m1XU9Fp9uJcd76hCpoTIHLPoX3nK8veS"
}
Director {
Name = backup-master-001.novalocal-mon
Password = "YgYu3gMvctN1ZtwtTrHUZ84JB0-u0JUNf"
Monitor = yes
}
FileDaemon { # this is me
Name = test-fd
FDport = 9102 # where we listen for the director
WorkingDirectory = /var/lib/bacula
Pid Directory = /var/run/bacula
Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
FDAddress = 128.104.223.157
}
Messages {
Name = Standard
director = backup-master-001.novalocal-dir = all, !skipped, !restored
}
I appreciate the help with this. Thanks