Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] is 7.2 ready for prime time?

2015-09-25 01:54:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] is 7.2 ready for prime time?
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 07:51:53 +0200
On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 08:40:05AM -0700, Stephen Thompson wrote:

> All,
>
> I typically patch bacula pretty frequently, but I saw the somewhat
> unusual notice on the latest release notes that warns it may not be
> ready for use in production.  How stable is it?  I don't really have the
> resources to test this out, but rather would have to go straight to
> production with it.  I could always roll back, but that might entail the
> recovery from dump of a 900GB database.  Opinions?

I upgraded five bacula instances of varying size over the last four
weeks or so, starting with the smallest (all were on 7.0.5 compiled
from source on CentOS), no issues so far apart from the little bugs in
the update_bacula_tables script.

Cheers, Uwe

--
arvato Systems S4M GmbH | Sitz Köln | Amtsgericht Köln HRB 27038