Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] is 7.2 ready for prime time?

2015-09-24 14:23:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] is 7.2 ready for prime time?
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Stephen Thompson <stephen AT seismo.berkeley DOT edu>, bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:21:33 -0400
Hello,

We put a caution message in every release, particularly for new features
which are generally tested but not always tested in production.
Normally most of the issues turn up for non-Linux distributions where we
either have not tested or have tested less than Linux.

Version 7.2.0 is as stable or more so than any prior major release.
That said, there are always a few minor problems for each release and
this one is no different.  All the important problems (build issues on
Solaris and FreeBSD) have been corrected in the public git repository.

Best regards,
Kern