Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved

2015-09-16 15:25:35
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved
From: bdam <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 12:23:34 -0700
Thanks everyone for the help.
I have a solution, but it's not along the lines suggested. The real problem
here is we have 1 pool for all the backups going back years. Disturbing that
pool, as we've seen, causes data already backed up to be backed up again. So I
am approaching it differently, and probably the way it should have been at the
start - don't have 1 eternal pool. Since these are CCTV backups, I plan now to
have a separate pool for every 6 months. Then when/if the online files move, we
make sure only 6 months worth go, so in effect the pool can be recreated as for
us that's only 4 tapes.

I hope this proves useful for someone else in future.