Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved

2015-09-16 06:35:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved
From: Wanderlei Huttel <wanderleihuttel AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:30:53 -0300
Hi
I've never tried this option in FileSet, but you can try:

Ignore FileSet Changes = Normally, if you modify the FileSet Include or Exclude lists, the next backup will be forced to a Full so that Bacula can guarantee that any additions or deletions are properly saved. We strongly recommend against setting this directive to yes, since doing so may cause you to have an incomplete set of backups. If this directive is set to yes, any changes you make to the FileSet Include or Exclude lists, will not force a Full during subsequent backups. The default is no, in which case, if you change the Include or Exclude, Bacula will force a Full backup to ensure that everything is properly backed up.

Best Regards
Wanderlei

Ok so somewhere in the completed backup set were 2 symlinks, ~/01-Jan and ~/02-Feb, that disk filled to I had to move those to another, did not change the bacula files and just did cp of the data, edited symlinks and this morning it want to back up those two months of CCTV again. I need to understand how to set things up so bacula doesn't see these as "real "changes, I'm sorry I just did not understand the help so far, although it is very much appreciated. Surely I can't be the only one ever to encounter this? I will have to bite the bullet and waste a couple more tapes just to get things moving. If it helps, these are not *backups* but archives, at some point they will be permanently moved offline (not much need to review CCTV from 2013, 2014 instantly now).

Just to be clear - I still want to move more of the files these symlinks point to around.

Sincere thanks so far.