Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved

2015-09-16 08:19:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved
From: Phil Stracchino <phils AT caerllewys DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 08:17:19 -0400
On 09/16/15 02:57, bdam wrote:
> Ok so somewhere in the completed backup set were 2 symlinks, ~/01-Jan
> and ~/02-Feb, that disk filled to I had to move those to another, did
> not change the bacula files and just did cp of the data, edited
> symlinks and this morning it want to back up those two months of CCTV
> again. I need to understand how to set things up so bacula doesn't
> see these as "real "changes,

So, you're saying you want Bacula to ignore some, but not all, file changes?

The short answer here is, if you don't want Bacula to back up files that
you have manually moved a second time after you move them, exclude the
REAL path to the directory you're moving them TO.  If you add such
exclusions often, you may have to set Ignore Fileset Changes in order to
not have each such change trigger a new Full backup.  Remember that a
Full will be triggered after you first set Ignore Fileset Changes.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications