Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved

2015-09-16 03:03:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Tell bacula not to repeat backup when target moved
From: bdam <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 23:57:32 -0700
Ok so somewhere in the completed backup set were 2 symlinks, ~/01-Jan and
~/02-Feb, that disk filled to I had to move those to another, did not change
the bacula files and just did cp of the data, edited symlinks and this morning
it want to back up those two months of CCTV again. I need to understand how to
set things up so bacula doesn't see these as "real "changes, I'm sorry I just
did not understand the help so far, although it is very much appreciated.
Surely I can't be the only one ever to encounter this? I will have to bite the
bullet and waste a couple more tapes just to get things moving. If it helps,
these are not *backups* but archives, at some point they will be permanently
moved offline (not much need to review CCTV from 2013, 2014 instantly now).

Just to be clear - I still want to move more of the files these symlinks point
to around.

Sincere thanks so far.