Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] bacula incremental chain broke

2015-09-16 07:35:39
Subject: [Bacula-users] bacula incremental chain broke
From: Березовский Борис <boris.berezovskiy AT cioinside DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 14:30:55 +0300
Hi! I'm nubee with bacula, and can't find answer for one question.
So,  we have one job with schedule and separate full and increment pools. On  schedule full backup makes one time per month, and increments makes everyday. Also, we have configured volume retention for 62 days - two months. One day we have trouble - full backup not maked. After that increments continue to making, and some increment pools start to overwrite regarding retention period. So that's like we have situation, when integrity of backups are broken- volumes with jobs from incremental chain are missing by overwrite.
How i can prevent my data from loss this way? Something like "if this pool contain data from job increment, and purging this data can broke the chain of increments, don't purge this volume"
Or may be i don't understand logic of system and have some global mistake?
Thank you.