Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Compile release 7.2.0 from sources failed in Centos 6.7

2015-08-31 18:32:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Compile release 7.2.0 from sources failed in Centos 6.7
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 00:29:15 +0200
On Monday 2015-08-31 10:00:32 Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am glad that it is now building for you.  Yes, if you have binaries
> build by Simone, you should wait for him to build new versions -- that
> will ensure a smooth upgrade.
>
> By the way, I mentioned to someone on this list that there would soon be
> binaries distributed by the Bacula project.  Unfortunately the guy that
> was going to do it is busy, so i will take over that project when I am
> back from vacation in October.  I don' t know how long it will take,
> but that will be my number 1 priority (as well as getting a 7.2.1 out
> with some minor corrections).

Hi

Please consider providing statically compiled bacula-fd and other useful
tools such as bls, bextract, and possibly few others (with and without
openssl support).

On Centos 6.x it is impossible to build statically compiled bacula-fd
without building and installing from source a number of libraries.

For that purpose I had to install Debian and statically compile bacula-fd
and the accompanied tools which is very inconvenient, especially
for people who get into a trouble and then discover that its almost
impossible to find statically compiled recent version of bacula tools.

--
Josip Deanovic