Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Compile release 7.2.0 from sources failed in Centos 6.7

2015-08-27 09:16:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Compile release 7.2.0 from sources failed in Centos 6.7
From: "John Stoffel" <john AT stoffel DOT org>
To: "Reynier Perez Mira" <reynierpm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 09:15:10 -0400
It can't hurt to just do a test configure and build.

Reynier> That's exactly what I thought, some bad setup on the CFLAGS, but I'll
waits
Reynier> until Simone builds the RPMS for CentOS, anyway thanks for your
suggestion
Reynier> Regards

Reynier> -----Original Message-----
Reynier> From: John Stoffel [mailto:john AT stoffel DOT org]
Reynier> Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 9:54 PM
Reynier> To: reynierpm AT gmail DOT com
Reynier> Cc: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Reynier> Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Compile release 7.2.0 from sources failed
in
Reynier> Centos 6.7

Reynier> writes:

Reynier> reynierpm@gmail> Hi there, I'm trying to compile Bacula 7.2.0 because
sadly
Reynier> the release at CentOS is old 5.0.0-13.  reynierpm@gmail> So I've
downloaded
Reynier> the latest release from Sourcefore, unzip and detar the sources and
run this
Reynier> reynierpm@gmail> first command (which I ran the last time I compiled
Bacula
Reynier> from sources around April 2009 when reynierpm@gmail> Bacula was at
version
Reynier> 3.0.1. If this command is not need please let me know):

Reynier> reynierpm@gmail> export CFLAGS="-O2 -g -msse -mmmx -march=i586
Reynier> -mtune=i686 -funroll-loops -mfpmath=sse reynierpm@gmail>
Reynier> -fmessage-length=0 -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector -Wall
Reynier> -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=0"

Reynier> Get rid of all this export CFLAGS, compilers and environments have
Reynier> progressed alot over the years.  You're trying to restrict your CPU to
an
Reynier> old Pentium, which is broken in today's world.

Reynier> Just do the configure step, and that should do the trick for you...