Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Browsing through Bacula made backup files

2015-07-30 05:55:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Browsing through Bacula made backup files
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:54:11 +0200
On Monday 2015-07-27 12:59:23 Luc A wrote:
> Dear reader,
>
> Is there a way to browse through an Bacula made backup files like
> browsing throught a RAR file with WinRAR??
>
> Best regards,
>
> Luc

Hi

Others already gave you the answer mentioning the bls and brestore tools.
I would like to add that in order to extract the files without the
bacula database, using the bextract tool, you will also have to create a
bootstrap file.

There is a relatively good example for creating bootstrap (bsr) file on
this blog:
https://pipposan.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/bacula-tape-restore-without-database/

The example there is working with tapes but it is easy to adapt it for
file storage (the storage device parameter would be replaced by the
directory holding volume files).

Also, make sure that your job is not spanning through more than one
volume. If it does you will have append all the related volumes into
the bootstrap file.

--
Josip Deanovic