Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula catalog inconsistency

2015-07-30 07:56:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula catalog inconsistency
From: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
To: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman AT ics.muni DOT cz>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 08:54:45 -0300
Hello Lukas,

I found something here, but I really don't think that they are catalog inconsistencies.
I misunderstood the 64,512 bytes, you're not dealing with tapes, but with disk volumes. So this is OK. You have data there. Also, you would not be able to bls the files if they were not there.
Your list volumes shows a 180 days volume retention and not 100 days as you said. Maybe you need to update existent volumes in this pool for your pool definition in your conf files to be reflected in catalog.
When you purge a volume, all the job and file information from this job is also purged from catalog. Your backup data will be preserved in the volume until it is reused by Bacula for another backup. If the volume is not reused and you do a bscan to retrieve Media/Pool/Job/File into catalog, Bacula will set another jobid for the original jobid found in the volume, if this was the first volume used for your backup (supposing your backup job spanned into various volumes):

bscan: bscan.c:1139 Created new JobId=161 record for original JobId=160

Maybe it could be a good idea to check your pool definitions in your conf files with the definitions for the existent volumes in your pools.

Best regards,
Ana

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 4:29 AM, Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman AT ics.muni DOT cz> wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 06:59:29PM -0300, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:
> I´m sorry, I was talking about JobId 1557 and not the 1584. I think the
> problem here is not the number of files, but the VolBytes=64,512. For
> Bacula, your volume has no backup data. Have you checked the information
> for this volume before the bscan -s -m operation? Did it appear in catalog?

+-------+----------------------+---------------------+------+-------+----------+---------------+-----------+
| JobId | Name                 | StartTime           | Type | Level | JobFiles | JobBytes      | JobStatus |
| 1,557 | BackupClientBay2-ics | 2015-07-15 23:05:01 | B    | I     |      590 | 3,763,883,328 | T         |

well, that volume bytes are low because I accidentaly truncated it after purge. So
I cannot provide further information beside those I already provided. The
problem arised *before* I purged&truncated that volume.

Maybe I can only postpone this problem until notice it again to be able to
provide more information?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek