Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Browsing through Bacula made backup files

2015-07-31 11:11:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Browsing through Bacula made backup files
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:10:11 +0200
On Friday 2015-07-31 16:56:43 Marcin Haba wrote:
> Hello Josip,
>
> The bls tool and data volume/media is sufficient to prepare a
> bootstrap file and next extract by bextract tool from the volume whole
> specific backup with or without using include/exclude list.
>
> For prepare bootstrap you can use JobId, Job and other criterias from
> here:
>
> http://www.bacula.org/7.0.x-manuals/en/main/Bootstrap_File.html
>
> For extracting only specific job you can use Job or JobId criteria.
> For filtring only needed files during extract you can use includes
> function. For filtring not needed files during extract you can use
> excludes function.
>
> I hope that it helps.

Thanks. I know all this and I have no issues with this.
Also, check the notes about Job and JobId bsr options in a bsr related
part of the documentation:

"The Job filter works only if you do not run multiple simultaneous jobs.
This value is optional and not used by Bacula to restore files."

--
Josip Deanovic