Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Browsing through Bacula made backup files

2015-07-31 10:26:28
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Browsing through Bacula made backup files
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 16:24:23 +0200
On Friday 2015-07-31 11:12:36 Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would suggest that you read the sections of the manual that document
> bscan, bls, and bextract.  You will then understand that it is possible
> to do a large number of things without a bsr file.  If you read the
> section of the manual about the bsr, you will understand that from
> simple Job output, you can easily construct a bsr that will restore the
> whole job or even parts of a job.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern

Hi,

I went trough the manual to refresh my memory and I have found that it
only confirms what I have said in my previous post.
In order to use bextract to extract the exact job from a volume that
contains multiple backup jobs one would need to create and specify a
bsr file.

It is possible to use "-i" and "-e" options but that wouldn't help to
select all the files that belongs to a certain job and if those options
are omitted and no bsr file is specified the complete content of the
volume (all jobs) would be extracted to a specified output directory.

--
Josip Deanovic