Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Use multiple HDDs to backup files to

2015-06-02 07:17:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Use multiple HDDs to backup files to
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 07:12:56 -0400

On 6/1/2015 5:21 PM, Ana Emília M. Arruda wrote:
Hello,

Maybe you could use the "virtual autochanger" resource:

This will not work as expected. If the ArchiveDevice in the two Device resources specifies different directories (mountpoints), then the two Device resources cannot have the same MediaType. This is because Bacula expects to be able to load any volume that has MediaType=File into any Device having that same MediaType, and a volume in /sdb1/bacula/backup cannot be loaded into Device vDrive-1, not can a volume in /bacula/backup be loaded into vDrive-2.

To use multiple HDDs as a single autochanger, you must:

Define each Device resource to have a unique MediaType, if using the native virtual autochanger

or

Use vchanger, which is designed for using multiple removable HDDs  (See http://sourceforge.net/projects/vchanger/)

or

Combine the HDD partitions using LVM2 or md so that there is only a single mountpoint
.

bacula-sd.conf:

Autochanger {
  Name = VChanger
  Changer Device = /dev/null
  Changer Command = "" # versão 5.2.6. For 7.0.5 version, use /dev/null
  Device = vDrive-1, vDrive-2
}

Device {
  Name = vDrive-1
  Drive Index = 0
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /bacula/backup
}
Device {
  Name = vDrive-2
  Drive Index = 1
  Device Type = File
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /sdb1/bacula/backup # is this your mount point?
}

In your bacula-dir.conf (or wherever you have your storage definiton for director):

Storage {
  Name = MyVirtualAutochanger
  Address = X.X.X.X
  SDPort = 9103