Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Use multiple HDDs to backup files to

2015-06-02 13:44:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Use multiple HDDs to backup files to
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Ana Emília M. Arruda <emiliaarruda AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 14:42:38 -0300 (BRT)
I particularly do not like the idea of having separate volumes of the same media type into two different mount points, but I know people that are configuring this way. So I decided to do some tests and see what really was happening. No issues. Instead I prefer the LVM solution.
The point is to make sure severall disks are being write at the same time (load balance) and more resiliency since a dead LVM is a terrible situation.
But I kind of agree with you: I don't know why to use different Media Types for compatible media.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  - LPIC-III | ITIL-F |  Bacula Systems Certified Administrator II
15 a 26 de junho: Treinamento Telepresencial Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2174