Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula not recycling all volumes

2015-06-02 09:05:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula not recycling all volumes
From: Marc van Houtum <marc AT dutchsecurity DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 14:43:09 +0200
Hello,

We seem to be having an issue with our Bacula enviroment where some volumes are not being recycled properly. This is causing our disk based storage to fill up with unused volume files. Some volumes are being recycled though which is why I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this issue.

I'm using the following SQL query in the bacula database to check which Volumes are in use: > select DISTINCT(Media.VolumeName) AS VolumeName FROM JobMedia, Media WHERE JobMedia.MediaID=Media.MediaID ORDER BY VolumeName;

If i compare the resultst to the volume files on the filesystem, I can see that there are currently 16 volume files not in use at the moment. Does anyone have any idea as to why these aren't being recycled? I've attached my bacula-dir.conf.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Marc