Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to debug a job

2015-01-23 10:59:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to debug a job
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:57:56 -0500

On 1/23/2015 10:36 AM, Dmitri Maziuk wrote:
On 1/23/2015 9:03 AM, Josh Fisher wrote:
I use another approach. I define the vchanger to have multiple virtual drives... So for 10 concurrent jobs there would be 10 virtual drives and so 10 opened volume files.
My way also keeps the config simple stupid: as long as the backups complete on time that's worth more to me than performance.

Certainly nothing wrong with that. Have you been able to determine what exactly is slow? I wonder if when the data spool file gets full it triggers a de-spool of both data and attributes, rather than just data? If so, then perhaps it is the de-spooling of attributes to the DB that is slow, rather than de-spooling data to volume(s).

Dima