Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to debug a job

2015-01-23 13:24:50
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to debug a job
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 19:22:46 +0100
Hello,

On 01/21/2015 06:41 PM, Bill Arlofski wrote:

> Bacula has a hard-coded 6 day limit on a job's run time.   518401 seconds =
> 6.00001157 days, so it appears that is the cause for the watchdog killing the job.

Hard-coded, huh? Nobody's tried backing up that big data I keep hearing
about?

Yes, but nobody was interested in changing it to the config parameter. It is possible that someone did that in 7.x, I need to check.

> Does it ask you for a new volume?

No. Good guess, but the storage is a vchanger and it's working just fine.

If you are using a vchanger then I guess it is a disk only backup, so why do you spool data? It is not required but making you backup slow down at least 2 times then standard job. You can define an attributes spooling only.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net