Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] how to debug a job

2015-01-21 17:18:50
Subject: [Bacula-users] how to debug a job
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 16:13:04 -0600
(Take 2)

I've a client with ~316GB to back up. Currently the backup's been
running for 5 days and wrote 33GB to the spool file. Previous runs
failed with

> User specified Job spool size reached: JobSpoolSize=49,807,365,050
> MaxJobSpoolSize=49,807,360,000
> Writing spooled data to Volume. Despooling 49,807,365,050 bytes ...
> Error: Watchdog sending kill after 518401 secs to thread stalled reading File
> daemon.

Why is it taking 5 days to write 33GB?

Load avg on the client is 0.9%. Iperf clocks the connection at 110MB/s.
Iostat shows zero wait and .25MB/s read on the client's disk. every few
seconds bacula-fd shows up in iotop w/ read speed around 200-300K/s.
This is a healthy standard sata drive capable of 100MB/s, with ext4
filesystem.

It's a linux (centos 6) x64 client v. 5.0 and server v. 5.2.13 from
slaanesh repo.

How do I find out what's taking so long? What's the debug level I should
give to bacula-fd? Where do debug messages go? Anyone knows?

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin