Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to debug a job

2015-01-21 21:44:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to debug a job
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 20:42:20 -0600
On 01/21/2015 06:41 PM, Bill Arlofski wrote:

> Bacula has a hard-coded 6 day limit on a job's run time.   518401 seconds =
> 6.00001157 days, so it appears that is the cause for the watchdog killing the
> job.

Hard-coded, huh? Nobody's tried backing up that big data I keep hearing
about?

> Does it ask you for a new volume?

No. Good guess, but the storage is a vchanger and it's working just fine.

I killed the lot and replaced the spool disk in the unlikely case that
was slowing things down -- unlikely because it's a tler disk and
shouldn't have this particular failure mode. I restarted the offending
job, we'll see what happens...

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin