Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd

2014-10-28 11:00:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd
From: Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:59:12 -0500
On 10/28/2014 8:24 AM, Alan Brown wrote:
> Tape and disk are different animals and need to be approached differently.
>
> Virtual autochangers are a kludge to allow for removable disks but in
> most configured installations they do _not_ treat those disks in the
> same way as real tape drives.

OT comment: I'll probably never understand that, I always thought a
block device is a block device and one of the unix's strong points was
to abstract away the physical differences and let the same code work
with either. AFAICT the only reason they're different (in how SD treats
them) is because the software is written that way...

Dima