Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd

2014-10-24 13:01:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:32:56 +0100
On 24/10/14 13:55, Bryn Hughes wrote:

> Things would get really messy really fast, with practically no benefit.
> Your SD config likely changes what, once or twice per year?  If that?

If you have a large setup like ours, it changes regularly.

Simply enabling/disabling individual drives within an autochanger
requires a SD restart - which means we need to shut down ALL backups in
progress - not a trivial undertaking when you're backing up a couple of
PB of data every month.

(Why would you want to disable a drive? If it's offline because it
failed its cleaning cycle, as a f'instance)