Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd

2014-10-24 13:59:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Configuration reload for bacula-sd
From: Alan Brown <ajb2 AT mssl.ucl.ac DOT uk>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 18:57:19 +0100
On 24/10/14 18:02, Bryn Hughes wrote:
> On 14-10-24 09:32 AM, Alan Brown wrote:
>> (Why would you want to disable a drive? If it's offline because it
>> failed its cleaning cycle, as a f'instance)
> So what you need is a feature request to be able to disable a drive via
> bconsole....  Not to be able to dynamically reload the SD configuration.

When the drive is replaced, its by-id changes, which has a ripple effect
across the configuration (This is one of the reasons I use symlinks from
"bacula ID" to the by-id, which in turn links to the real device.)

_BOTH_ features are useful (and there are tickets in bacula enterprise
for them already)