Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Forcing baccula to purge/recycle a tape instead of appending?!

2014-10-16 00:19:06
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Forcing baccula to purge/recycle a tape instead of appending?!
From: Dmitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 23:13:28 -0500
On 10/15/2014 11:45 AM, Thorsten Reichelt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with my tape pool configuration.
> I want to use exactly 12 LTO tapes (one tape per month).
> After 12 month the oldest tape shall be reused without appending new data.

Other issues aside, you do realise that tape reliability claims are
based on the assumption you write the tape once, put it in (controlled
enviroment) storage and never take it out again, right? I.e. if you plan
on overwriting the same tape more than one or two times, you're better
off backing up to hard drives.

Dima