Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Forcing baccula to purge/recycle a tape instead of appending?!

2014-10-15 13:35:02
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Forcing baccula to purge/recycle a tape instead of appending?!
From: Bryn Hughes <linux AT nashira DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 10:31:37 -0700
One more thing that is worth mentioning...

If you truly want the monthly tapes to only ever be used for that
particular month, you may wish to consider creating a pool for each
month instead.  Then in your Schedule you can specify the specific pool
for that month:

Schedule {
      Name = MonthlyBackups
      Run = Level=Full Pool=January jan 1 at 00:00
      Run = Level=Full Pool=February feb 1 at 00:00
      Run = Level=Full Pool=December dec 1 at 00:00
}

If in the future you need multiple tapes for a month, this approach
would allow you to have multiple tapes in each month's pool as well.

Bryn