Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem of configuring Autochanger for Bacula 5.2.13

2014-05-09 18:53:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem of configuring Autochanger for Bacula 5.2.13
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Keith T <keithbacu AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 18:51:11 -0400

On May 8, 2014, at 7:04 AM, Keith T <keithbacu AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:

Hi there,

I upgraded Bacula from 5.0.3-2 to 5.2.13. It has no problem to run a backup job and back data directly on to USB device except "Autochanger" setting. I was trying to configure "Autochanger" to swap USB drives automatically for data backup in order that I need not to manual exchange and mount HDD when one HDD is full.

I got below errors when trying below commands.

#Bacula is running as root
[root@backupsys bacula]# /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /etc/bacula/usbchanger1.conf list
/etc/bacula/usbchanger1.conf is not an sg device, or old sg driver

[root@backupsys bacula]# su bacula /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /etc/bacula/usbchanger1.conf list
cannot open SCSI device '/etc/bacula/usbchanger1.conf' - Permission denied

Also tried to run bacula as ID bacula but failed too

Testing this stuff is hard.  So i wrote about it.  Rather than start a long back and forth discussion, I suggest you follow what I did and raise a question when something I did doesn’t work for you.

Hope that gets you going.

It is all permissions.  It’s almost always about permission.  Scripts.  Devices.  Daemons.  Etc.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org