Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem of configuring Autochanger for Bacula 5.2.13

2014-05-12 13:31:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem of configuring Autochanger for Bacula 5.2.13
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 19:05:25 +0200
Hello,

It sounds to me like you are trying to force an Autochanger, which is a Bacula device that typically works with physical tape autochangers to work with USB keys.  While this is possible (example disk-changer, virtual-changer), you need to either use an existing script or you need to understand the details of the Autochanger implementation.

There are two other possibilities:
1. The Bacula built-in virtual autochanger that has been discussed on this list a number of times, and rejected by a number of people, but it does work in large production environments.

I can confirm Kern's words - one of the largest Bacula build-in virtual autochanger configuration which I was implemented consist of 80 devices in a single autochanger. It works a far better then any disk-changer or vchanger scripts.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net