Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem of configuring Autochanger for Bacula 5.2.13

2014-05-15 11:16:32
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem of configuring Autochanger for Bacula 5.2.13
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 11:13:17 -0400
On 5/15/2014 9:26 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
Hello,

On 5/15/2014 1:26 AM, Radosław Korzeniewski wrote:
Hello,

Thanks all for your reply and informative document!

As stated on my previous message, I was using root to run bacula services and assumed it has no privilege issue. But not sure whether I have to run as bacula ID since I saw some suggested to do so?

root     14419     1  4 May08 ?        06:03:09 /sbin/bacula-sd -v -c /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
root     14440     1 25 May08 ?        1-07:39:19 /sbin/bacula-fd -v -c /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
root     14463     1  0 May08 ?        00:02:01 /sbin/bacula-dir -v -c /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf

I wonder why the command prompted me to check "sg device" but not "sd device" since I was connected a USB docking with dual slots.

Recap:
#Bacula is running as root
[root@backupsys bacula]# /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /etc/bacula/usbchanger1.conf list
/etc/bacula/usbchanger1.conf is not an sg device, or old sg driver

In My Very Humble Opinion you are going in the wrong way!!! Stop before someone gets hurt. :)

First of all. Do you have a tape library or autochanger connected into your Bacula server? Could you show an output of the command (run as root):
# lsscsi -g

If you do not have any tape library then please forget about mtx-changer script. It is for tape library/autochanger not disks.
In this case (hard disk storage) you should use a very simple configuration, i.e. for two virtual devices:

I agree, however he says he is using a two-slot USB disk device. It depends on whether or not this device is a RAID device that mounts at a single mountpoint or two separate physical devices that mount at two different mountpoints. The mentioned virtual autochanger config will work perfectly if the device is a RAID or JBOD device. However if the two drives are presented to the system as two different physical devices then it is more involved because there will be two different mountpoints.

We know nothing about his setup. You make some assumptions and I do too. We can both are wrong or both can have right. :)

At one setup I have a two-slot USB disk device which is presented to the system as two separate devices and I have only one single mountpoint. :)

How are you doing that? LVM?