Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] ERROR Spooling/Backups with large amounts of data from windows server 2012

2013-11-20 11:51:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] ERROR Spooling/Backups with large amounts of data from windows server 2012
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Hans Thueminger <bacula AT ipf.tuwien.ac DOT at>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:48:05 +0100
Hello,

On 20 November 2013 16:58, Hans Thueminger <bacula AT ipf.tuwien.ac DOT at> wrote:
The first thing we have to do is to split the 3x120TB in 6x60TB since Microsoft does not support VSS for filesystems >(64TB-8GB) not even with the latest release (Server-2012-R2). This is a not documented "design" and we got this information from the Microsoft support team. To re-emphasize this, in Windows-Server-2012 it's not a problem to create and use a filesystem >64TB but it's not possible to make a backup of any file of any size in such a filesystem; not even with the in the operating system included Windows-Server-Backup program :-(

I never stop learning... that's pretty ridiculous! Have you ever considered switching to Samba 3.6/4 on an XFS filesystem?

We have a similar setup here, but not with these amounts of data and no Windows Server 2012; I'm sorry.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/