Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Spooling attrs takes forever

2013-11-20 14:39:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Fwd: Spooling attrs takes forever
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 14:35:43 -0500
On 11/20/2013 3:29 AM, lst_hoe02 AT kwsoft DOT de wrote:
> Zitat von Charles Douglass <chas.douglass AT gmail DOT com>:
>
>> I ran mysqltuner before the backup and increased a couple of buffer
>> sizes as well as taking this suggestion:
>> innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0 Then I ran a full backup and see
>> this: 18-Nov 12:45 maple-sd JobId 46: Sending spooled attrs to the
>> Director. Despooling 153,470,245 bytes ... 18-Nov 21:41 maple-dir
>> JobId 46: Bacula maple-dir 5.2.6 (21Feb12): Build OS:
>> x86_64-pc-linux-gnu ubuntu 13.04 So spooling/despooling took just
>> about 9 hours.
> Even for MySQL on a not too fast machine this is ridiculus slow. We
> despool around 1.2GB attributes within around 2 minutes to our
> Postgres server. Something is still wrong with your setup. Have you
> checked with tools like iotop,top,vmstat what the server is actually
> doing during the 9 hours.

Yes. Something is wrong. Is there a script configured to run after the
job? Is there a broken disk drive? Is the machine low on RAM and using
swap space constantly? Are other processes slow on this machine while
the despooling is in progress? Is there a messed up or missing index?
Have you tried rebuilding the database from a dump file?