Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Ultra Slow Backup

2013-11-20 11:38:10
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Ultra Slow Backup
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Henrique Machado <henri.mjr AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:35:16 +0100
Hello,

On 20 November 2013 17:01, Henrique Machado <henri.mjr AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
OS: Fedora release 15 (Lovelock)
Bacula Version: 5.2.6
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.23, for Linux (x86_64) using readline 5.1

The distribution has been End of Life since 2012-06-26 (17 months ago). Bacula has seen numerous improvements in these months, including an upgraded database and different compile options in the Fedora packages.

I know sometime it's not possible, but as the Fedora Bacula package mantainer I would strongly suggest to upgrade the distribution to at least Fedora 19 and switch to the latest Bacula 5.2.13. Fedora 18 is going to be EOL in one month.

If you need something that is preserved for a much longer time I would suggest CentOS or RHEL (Bacula 5.2.13 is available).

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/